The following video explains the different steps of the self injection process.
If you have not received training on using your Metoject® PEN, please contact your healthcare professional. You should not try to inject with Metoject® PEN unless you have received training.
- Only inject with Metoject® PEN once a week
- Inject on the same day each week
- Do not take oral methotrexate whilst you are being treated with Metoject® PEN
- If you forget to inject with Metoject® PEN on the correct day, contact your healthcare professional for advice
- Do not drink large amounts of alcohol as methotrexate can cause liver damage, you can reduce this risk by avoiding alcohol
- Do not get pregnant whilst being treated with Metoject® PEN
- Do not breastfeed during treatment with Metoject® PEN
- If you are sexually active, you must use effective contraception during treatment and for six months after stopping treatment
- If you experience tiredness or dizziness during treatment, do not drive or use machinery
- Contact your healthcare professional urgently if you develop a dry cough or become breathless whilst being treated with Metoject® PEN
- Methotrexate can interact with other drugs so please check with your healthcare professional before you take any other medication
- Regular monitoring is important
- Check with your healthcare professional if you need any vaccinations
Metoject® PEN is available in 10 colour coded doses
Hard copies of material are available from your healthcare professional or click below to order direct.
Metoject® PEN is an autoinjector, pre-filled with methotrexate. Metoject® PEN is used to treat the following inflammatory conditions:
- Active rheumatoid arthritis in adult patients
- Moderate to severe psoriasis and severe psoriatic arthritis in adults
- Mild to moderate Crohn’s disease in adults
- Polyarthritic forms of severe, active juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)
Metoject® PEN must only be used once a week
If you get any side effects, talk to your healthcare professional. This includes any possible side effects not listed in the Patient Information Leaflet contained within your Metoject® PEN carton.
You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk
By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.